Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut - Cross Sections

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Kdempsey
1932 Views, 6 Replies

Data Shortcut - Cross Sections

Hello problem solvers,

I am creating my cross sections in a separate file drawing from my main file using xref and data shortcuts.  The sample lines are in place and I'm using a conditional assembly.  In short, it's looking for a feature line placed at the back of the driveway aprons along the street.  If is see the feature line, it displays the driveway parts of the assembly.  If not found, it displays full curb parts.

Here's the problem.  two of my five driveways are not correctly displayed, but in different ways. One displays the full lane sub-assembly and the other displays the entire full curb assembly.  the remaining tree driveways display perfectly.

Here's the baffling aspect:  I dropped two sample lines in the main drawing at these two driveways and they are displaying perfectly.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: Kdempsey

Do you have a Sample Line at the exact companion Corridor Frequency station for these driveways in question?

IE: 5+03.09 SL and 5+03.09 Corr Frequency.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
tcorey

I don't have a definitive answer, but if I was researching this, I would create my own conditional subassembly in subassembly composer and see if it behaves correctly.

I like your use of the conditionals. That's a far more efficient way of handling driveways than making a region every time you come to a driveway. If you happen to do a write-up of your process for your company I am sure you friends here would appreciate your sharing. 🙂

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7
Kdempsey
in reply to: Jay_B

Good Morning,

Jay,  the location started out the same but I have since tried sliding the sample line to other locations within the driveway as well as creating new sample lines at other stations within the driveway.  No luck.

Message 5 of 7
Kdempsey
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,  I had not thought to try a completely different assembly at these two drives.  I'll give that a shot and see where it gets me.  I have used this same assembly within multiple other dwg's with great success so this situation is a mystery. 

Thanks too for the kudos on my process.  Conditionals make transitions in your corridor a breeze (once you learn how they work).  I use them mainly for driveways but also retaining walls, railings, and ped drops.  The beauty is that all these options can be created into one conditional assembly. 

Message 6 of 7
BrianHailey

Can you share the file? I would love to take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.

If you would rather not share it here, you can e-mail it to me. I have a gmail account called c3dplus.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 7
Kdempsey
in reply to: tcorey

Problem solved!  All my driveways look like driveways.  Tim, instead of trying a different assembly, I took the comment from your kudos about avoiding multiple regions at each driveway and I split the region around the driveway.  Not sure why that makes a difference - I used the same assembly, same targets and widths as before but now it works in both the main dwg and the cross section dwg.  So thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report