Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut - Corridor Surfaces

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ozyris
2631 Views, 8 Replies

Data Shortcut - Corridor Surfaces

Hi,

A Civil3D 2013 question;

I have a C3D file which contains the alignment, assemblies and the corridor created from these two. From this C3D file I created shortcut for the 'corridor surface'.

Then I created a new file and referenced to this 'corridor surface' using data shortcuts. Then I created cross sections. However these cross sections in the second file doesn't show any features(pavement layers, kerbs, verges etc.) from the assemblies. It only shows the surface.

Is there a way of creating 'complete cross sections' from a referenced 'corridor surface'?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: ozyris

Welcome to the AutoDesk Forums!

The Corridor top surface you have Data Referenced, is just the finished TOP of the surface.

To see the various subassembly layers the Corridor must be X referenced to the cross section drawing containing your sample lines.

The corridor is an item that cannot be data referenced but read through an xref.

A code set must be selected to display the corridor in your section view and the corridor surface will need to be added to the "sampled sources" in the sample line group properties.

Lastly, if you wish to generate earthwork calculations you'll want to create a Datum surface of the corridor and data reference that into the cross sections as well. The Datum surface also needs to be sampled in sampled sources.

Hope this helps.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
ozyris
in reply to: Jay_B

Many thanks for quick reply Jay_B.

It s a shame that corridor can not be referenced as a whole. It made things quite difficult for me.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 9
csevers
in reply to: Jay_B

I am having the same issue as the OP. I do not quite understand what you are saying by, "To see the various subassembly layers the Corridor must be X referenced to the cross section drawing containing your sample lines."

So, all I need to do is xref the drawing my corridor is in and the missing pieces will show up in the x-section? I tried that and no such luck. Please explain how I get my corridor to show up on my x-sections! This is driving me insane. I just revamped all my x-sections to be data links instead of xrefs so I can annotate on my sheets instead of my master.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 5 of 9
csevers
in reply to: csevers

Ha! Nevermind, I got it. Thanks Jay.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 6 of 9
PBriedis
in reply to: csevers

Hi Jay

I am following through your steps and I am having difficulty with 'A code set must be selected to display the corridor in your section view'.

Can you run through how this is done please? I have Xref'ed in my corridor and assemblies (from the master model) and created by sample lines in the Data shortcut drawing.

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: ozyris

If the corridor was not xrefed prior to creating he sample line group ( or if you missed it the first time through), edit the sample line group to sample more objects and included the corridor. It should show up in the list like the surface only the icon is square not pentagon

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
PBriedis
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yep, thats it. Thanks

I skimmed over this corridor icon in the Sample more sources dialog box as it looked very similar to all the others.

Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: PBriedis

Please select "accept solution" so other readers may be aware of your solution

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report