Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data shorcut are not really automatic......

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tonnot
437 Views, 5 Replies

Data shorcut are not really automatic......

As there is not corridors shorcuts, you have to use a xref to a drawing contains the corridor.

So, any change made at the surface, profile or assemblie cause the corridor  was out of date.

The corridor "out of date" state is not transmited via xref , so....

YOU HAVE ERRORS .....

C3D 2014 has solved this issue ? (C3D 2014 has corridor shorcuts ?) 

Thanks 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.mckenzie
in reply to: tonnot

Wouldn't you modify the corridor to modify a corridor surface? hence they would be in sync?

Message 3 of 6
john.mckenzie

If you are modifying a profile or an assembly you would rebuild the corridor also hence the reference file would sync up.

There is the potential that someone would have a drawing file open that might not show your immediate change. Although autocad will prompt that reference files may have changed and require syncing. There is also potential that a user would plot a drawing with a datareference that was out of sync too. So I guess I do not see too much difference between an xreference or datareference in this case. both scenarios come down to likely user error.

Message 4 of 6
tonnot
in reply to: john.mckenzie

"the corridor was out of date.".

- 1.-  You forget to rebuild it, because you dont see the warning icon. Because you have the prospector-corridor branches are closed, so it is impossible to you to see if the corridor has to be rebuilded. 

2.- You save your drawing.

3.- Swicth to the drawing that has the corridor as a xref

4.- Yes, you have a bubble message to reload the xref, but .... surprise !!! really you have not update the corridor !! Because the corridor itself was not rebuilded and via xref you have wrongly your work well done. 

So ........

The question is again:

Has c3d 2014 shorcuts for corridors ?

If not everybody is in risk of doing a wrong work!

The question is that  all depends of see or not an icon that can be hidden ......

Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

Message 5 of 6
john.mckenzie

I still do not understand how the datashortcut is going to alleviate this.

I can open a drawing with a surface and make some modifications to the surface. save out. Open a file that datareferences the surface and have it be wrong.

How does this happen?

I did not rebuild my surface after modification and now there are catastrophic events occuring throughout the design cycle.

it was not the fault of an xreference as opposed to a datareference, it was because I did not rebuild my surface, same issue as the corridor example. One with a reference file and the other with a data reference. Same result. Catastrophe.

Message 6 of 6
mathewkol

To answer your direct question, no, you cannot data shortcut corridors in 2014.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report