Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Reference updates in 2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
287 Views, 6 Replies

Data Reference updates in 2015

We recently moved from C3D 2013 to 2015 and I’ve noticed a few changes/problems.  In 2013 you made a change to your base file and the sheet (which contained the referenced) synced and viola, good to go.

Now with 2015, i know it only syncs if the reference object has changed but here in lies the problem as my object DID change, but the sheets don't see that.  I updated my pipe network and renamed all my structures.  On the sheets where i forced a sync, they are correct.  But on sheets where i didn't, they still reference the old names.  Is there an environment setting to sync the sheets upon opening them?  This way when i publish them, they will all be correct, rather than have to open each sheet and force the sync.

Anyone else having this problem?  Or am i doing something wrong?? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Or is there a way to sync an entire project (all construction sheets) without opening everyone of them?

Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

Is the Data Shrtcuts Project Folder specified?

If so, try Right clicking on Data Shortcuts > Associate Project to Multiple Drawings.

This will associate all source dwgs in the specified Project folder with that Project.

As a last resort, the following 2 lines of text can be added to the acaddoc.lsp file and will force a manual synch on every open (plotting via SSM counts as open for).

(vl-load-com)

(vl-cmdf "SYNCHRONIZEREFERENCES")

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Project file is specified and correct. 

Tried associate project to multiple drawings, picked the folder that contains my construction sheets, but still doesn't see the new names of the structures within the pipe network.  I really don't want to open up 56 sheets just to force the sync.

I thought of the lsp but just haven't done it as i was hoping someone has either figured this out or can point out if i'm doing something wrong.  Just seems like this should work.

Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

Don't have any experience using 2015 for production work, but if you need to keep moving along until a better answer is offered, I'd go with the Acaddoc.lsp.

A very simple & reliable workaround when things won't properly synch for whatever reason.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay.  I'll give that a whirl.  Regretting our decision to move forward and push the company to 2015.  Hasn't been worth the hassel so far.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

So apparently renaming the structures isn't seen as a "change" to the source object, or at least not a large enough one to force the objects to sync.  I shifted a strcuture slightly and then it all updates.  Not a fix, but good to know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report