Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Reference Alignment Stationing Differs From Original Alignment

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JOVO85
1180 Views, 5 Replies

Data Reference Alignment Stationing Differs From Original Alignment

Hello-

I using a data reference/shortcut to properly label an alignment in paperspace. However when I reference the alignment in and apply the labels the aren't the same as the original alignment that I am referencing. Is there a setting where I am supposed to apply a new beginning station.

Also it seems as though the stationing(distance) isn't even matching up 1:1 with the original drawing. For example in the original base drawing my alignment starts at 10+00 with the next PI at 14+76.98, but the stationing on the reference alignment starts at 0+83.33 with the very same PI being labeled as 1+23.08. So the very same distance is 476.98' in the real design and the drawing it's being referenced in, but the stationing of the referenced alignment shows it as 39.75 Units.

I hope this makes sense, I've attached a screen of the beginning of the alignment.Capture.JPG

Civil 3D 2012

Windows 7

Edited to show software version

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: JOVO85

476.98 / 39.75 = 12

It appears that you have an inches to feet conversion happening somewhere.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
JOVO85

under the properties of the referenced alignment it shows the length as being 876.65' in length when by design it is 10519.80' in length. Just for reference I went ahead and draped a pline over the referenced alignment and it checked its length and it is 10519.80' just as it is in the design. Weird.

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 4 of 6
JOVO85
in reply to: sboon

Ahhh, I was looking for some significance in those numbers. maybe I just need another cup of coffee this morning. I'm going to report back shortly after changing the units. Thanks!

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 5 of 6
sboon

Check your ACad units.  Are you measuring 10519 feet or inches?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
JOVO85

Thanks Steve, 

Amateur error. This program has givin me a lot of headaches lately, by the time I figure something out on the design end I run into a road block in plan production, but using data references(correctly) has been a big break through for me, especially this morning. Thanks again!

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report