Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Ref & LTScale?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jrivera
217 Views, 3 Replies

Data Ref & LTScale?

I have data ref paving profiles to my paving sheets and it all looks good except the existing ground ltscale should look hidden, instead it looks broken up.

Thank's

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jrivera

What is your annotation scale set to? It should be set to your desired plotting scale.

Are MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE and LTSCALE all set to 1?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This is an annoying one, but it has a simple solution.

DRef'd profiles display like polylines with Linetype Generation turned off (every PVI restarts the linetype). For cut surface profiles (like an EG with lots of points instead of smooth lines and curves) this means you won't be able to get a linetype to display properly. To fix it, simply recut the surface profile in each drawing you want it displayed in properly.

It seems backwards at first, but you don't lose any dynamic capabilities and it can keep your Data Shortcuts cleaner.

Message 4 of 4
Jwill2127

You can change the visual style for the drawing to make a referenced "static" profile appear with correct linetype. But I do not suggest this since the change will slow down the drawing display for most computers. I wanted to post this effect on static profile linetypes when changing the visual style for Autodesk and users to note. Maybe Autodesk can code sampled profiles to display differently, flat, next version or with a patch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report