Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Extraction

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
omc-usnr
708 Views, 4 Replies

Data Extraction

Guys,

I've recieved this file from a surveyor, and I'd like to get a point list and surface out of it.  It looks to me like the points may have been AECC objects at one point, but are now acting like just dumb adsk blocks.  I'm using C3d 09, and have tried using data extraction to get at least x,y,z data into a csv file (it'd be nice if descriptions came too), but I appear to be missing something.  I don't seem to be able to select the point blocks.  From what I've been told, this is the only file/information the surveyor still has of the site, and I'm not sure what process he used to create it.

I figure if push comes to shove, I can create the surface from the contours.  Would someone out there give me an idea of what I may be dong wrong with the data extraction, or if it can be done at all?

Thanks!!

Reid

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TerryDotson
in reply to: omc-usnr

Try the attached AUF point file, exported from MapWorks Points after using it's Convert Blocks tool to create Civil3D points inside the drawing, deleting the anonymous blocks.  Pan around and verify the results as I only did a quick convert.

Message 3 of 5
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: omc-usnr

You weren't doing anything wrong, the data extraction command doesn't appear to eat anonymous blocks.

Message 4 of 5
omc-usnr
in reply to: TerryDotson

Terry,

Thanks very much for doing this.  There were some minor edits required, but nothing major.  As work picks up, I'll need to give your products some serious review.

Reid

Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: TerryDotson

What a great way to sell software, "Here, let me do this for you. See how easy that was? Now, next time you can do it all by yourself if you pay me a fraction of what I just saved you." I wonder if used car dealers could apply this technique... probably not.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report