Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connection to SHP info not submitting to plot style

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jholt
563 Views, 2 Replies

Data Connection to SHP info not submitting to plot style

I have several SHP Connections that I am using as background. I can use the Style Editor to get the individual SHP Lines/Polygons/blocks to be the appropriate colors for the information that they include (Property Lines, Buildings, Utilities, etc)

The problem is in plotting this information. The settings in my tried and true .ctb file don't seem to apply to the SHP data. Everything else that actually exists in the drawing behaves correctly, but the SHP data plots as it appears on the screen.

I am using C3D 2012

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.zavislan
in reply to: jholt

As you have observed, data imported with the Data Connection functions (Feature Data Objects) will plot as they are displayed.  They do not use plot styles the way typical AutoCAD entities do.  You will need to set the style properties of the data connection layers to appear how you want them to appear on the plot.

Data Connection is a Map 3D function.  The people in the Map 3D forum may be able to provide more help on this topic.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
KirkNoonan
in reply to: jholt

The Map objects take their colors literally. If you change them to black, they will plot black. Makes it hard to see them on the screen, though. I usually use a shade like 251. Sometimes, when it is really being a PITA, all you can do is use the 'export to dwg' tool and fix it that way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report