Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Bands - multiple surfaces sampling from one design profile

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2179 Views, 5 Replies

Data Bands - multiple surfaces sampling from one design profile

I have 2 different surfaces (Existing Ground & Proposed Pipe Invert) that I want to have the elevations shown for in a profile data band, but I want them to show at the design profile's PVIs (Proposed Road).  Is it possible to set up a data band style that samples at one profile's geometry points but displays the elevations from these points from a different profile?  My workaround is to set the data bands to all sample from the design profile first and label over the design profile's data band but I'm hoping for a cleaner solution.  Attached is an image showing the profile view in question.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nilesh33
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can add one more 'Text component' in your same band style as 'Profile Elevation 2' for the Vertical Geometry Point.

Then set Profile 1 and Profile 2 in band list.

This may help you to start on this problem.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

How would I get the text component to reference the 3rd profile?  There are only options for the first two profiles.

Message 4 of 6
nilesh33

Hi,
If I have understood your question to the extent, you want to add vertical geometry points of proposed profile to the
other profile bands with their respective elevations.

Method :
1. Create band style in which the text component will be Profile Elevation 2. this is for all major, minor and vertical geometry
2. Add all three bands Proposed,Pipe Invert and Existing with the same band style
3. In the band list, for all three bands make Profile 1 = Proposed Profile
4. Then Profile 2 will be their respective profile like Proposed, Pipe invert, Existing

This procedure is only for logic, not for presentation.

****Please accept as as solution, If appropriate****

Message 5 of 6
nilesh33

hi

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: nilesh33

Thanks Nilesh, that does appear to be the only way to do it.  I've suppressed the Profile 1 values so I don't have duplicate entities.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report