Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Band not showing in Viewports after using Plan Production Tools

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bryancollins3174
683 Views, 2 Replies

Data Band not showing in Viewports after using Plan Production Tools

Okay I've got another stump in my path. When I use the Plan Production Tools to create my Plan/Profile sheets the Plan looks okay and the Profile shows, but it won't show the bottom data/elevation band (it is there, just not showing in vport). Why is that? I would think that the band would show first then the rest of the profile. Is there a setting I'm missing because as I just learned WOW there are a ton of no-clue settings for profiles and bands? I'm guessing that it is centering on the profile linework and not the band. Does that mean that I'll have to adjust my vport for every profile view I?

Thanks for any and all help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Bryan Collins (Cadd Technician)
Program: Civil 3D 2010 w/ SP2
Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Windows 7 Prof w/ SP1, 64bit, Xeon 3Ghz, 16GB
Civil 3D 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bryancollins3174

Are all the Geometry Points Label checked? for some reason all the geometry points label got turn off in the sheets file after plan & profile created
Message 3 of 3

Showing geometry point labels isn't my problem. I'm trying to find a way to force the viewport to show bottom of the profile first. If the existing grade doesn't show up in the viewport then I can change the data band initial elevation. I'm trying not to have to manually pan each and every viewport to get my profile to show correctly.

I'm using plan and production tools to create my profiles. This is what I would like it to do and need to know if it is possible to force it to do it.

I have a profile that goes from 0 to 100 and my existing grade is around elevation 75. I would like my viewport to show elevation 0 (where the data band is located), even if I can't see my existing grade of elevation 75. Then instead of panning around my viewport I can change the initial profile elevation in the properties from 0 to say 50 so that my elevation 75 shows up nicely.

Each time I've tried creating a profile it seems to center the existing grade in the viewport and doesn't even attempt to show the data band first.

I hope this has made my predictament a little more clear. I've searched the forums, but haven't seen anything like this though I could have overlooked it.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Bryan Collins (Cadd Technician)
Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Windows 7 Prof w/ SP1, 64bit, Xeon 3Ghz, 16GB
Civil 3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report