Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-ref cross-sections?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
deltacoolguy
149 Views, 3 Replies

D-ref cross-sections?

I think I know the answer, and it is 'no', but just in case I'll ask anyway.

I want my cross-sections to be a stand-alone drawing, with all the pertinent information D-ref'd in, but cannot find a way to D-ref the necessary corridor and assembly information.  Am I correct in presuming this cannot be done?

If I am incorrect, how is it done?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Palynch30
in reply to: deltacoolguy

To maintain the dynamic atmosphere  im not really sure, but you could turn the corridors into feature lines and add them to your surface and then you might not have to worry about the corridor and assembly.  Again, I have not tried this, just thinking out loud.

Let me know what the out come is.

Phillip 

(Palynch30)

Message 3 of 4
Jay_B

@deltacoolguy wrote:
I want my cross-sections to be a stand-alone drawing, with all the pertinent information D-ref'd in, but cannot find a way to D-ref the necessary corridor and assembly information. 

Cross Sections can be in a stand alone file but you're correct that you can't D-ref the necessary corridor and assembly information. 

The Corridor can be read through an xref as a Sampled Source in Sample Line Group Properties.

Xref the Corridor and be sure to attach it as an "Attachment " type xref for best results.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE

Start a new file and xref in the corridor, dref the alignment and corridor surface. You can sample the corridor through the xref.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report