Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut fill toe lines and slope patern and benching

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
asad55db
3129 Views, 3 Replies

cut fill toe lines and slope patern and benching

Dear All,

i am new user of Civil 3D previously i was using Eaglepoint software for design of roads. Now i m working on the roads which are crossing over the railway track as shown in pic. i want to create a corridor which should look like as in pic. in the catchlines were genereated using eaglepoint roadcalc and and fill slope pattern has been shown manually. i think there should b built in features in civil 3d to produce such product.

Also i want to apply following conditions to my daylight sub assembly,

1- fill slope should be 4:1 upto height of fill of 0 - 3m

2- fill slope should be 3:1 upto height of fill of 3 - 5m

3- fill slope should be 2:1 upto height of fill of 5 - 10m

4- if fill height is more than 10m than slope remains 2: 1 but there should b benching (bench width 4m and slope 4%)

Now my question is which subassembly i should choose to incorporate all these requirements. and how to show the proper slope pattern lines.

x-section of road is also attached for understanding and examplery plan dwg is also attached.

x-section detail is as

median 0.7m

inner shoulders =2m

lane 3.65x2 on both sides

outer shoulders = 2.5m

daly light rounding at the edge of outer shoulder .5m

Best Regards:

Asad 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: asad55db

Personally here is what i would do. I want to make my design as simple and user friendly as possible for any designer, tech or engineering know what i was doing if they had to take over the design. I would build my own assembly using generic subassemblies with the daylight subassembly. I did a project like this before and it workd fine. Most likely you will be using daylight bench or daylightmultiintercepts or daylight gernal subassemblies. 

tony

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
asad55db

thanks tony i will try to create my own daylight sub assembly and surely give u feedback 🙂

thanks again

Message 4 of 4
neilyj666

Conditional subassemblies will handle the daylighting conditions quite easily

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report