Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut/fill coloring way too slow for production

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
JamesMaeding
182 Views, 0 Replies

cut/fill coloring way too slow for production

I went through the ugly process of setting up decent cut/fill coloring, only to watch my computer come to a crawl when doing anything once the 2d solids were displayed.

I have a fast machine, plenty of RAM, and other things went fine with the volume surface I was dealing with.

This is not the first time things have failed because of this.

I will not have to investigate doing my own coloring routine, and also c3d competitor programs for doing a task that should be absolutely slick in a civil program that claims to be BIM.

The root of the issue is my volume surface was large (wrote to the mms file...). I knew it but could not do much to make it smaller.

So some way of simplifying surfaces is becoming critical to doing things in C3D.

I'm not talking about simplifying point data on a surface, we use contours and breaklines from real aerial topo.

The problem is some areas do not need the 1ft contours to define the ground shape, and some do.

Its slow to separate the two, we need some routine to analyze the surface and decide where faces can be combined.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report