Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing spot elevations with blocks

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
RalphBrown99
1251 Views, 6 Replies

Customizing spot elevations with blocks

Hi:

My company is a kind of new in Civil 3D. We regularly use spot elevations with a block that has an Elev Atrribute attached in order to follow muicipal standards. How is possible to create automatic spot elevations -Add labels option in annotate ribbon- along with the custom user blocks in civil 3D?

I am attaching a .dwg so the problem is more easy to see

Thanks

Rafael 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: RalphBrown99

Hi Rafael

I cant get to your drawing at this time ,but have you looked into label style for this?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

Rafael,

As Joe mentioned, one way this can be accomplished, is using a Note Label Style, which uses a "Reference Text" compoent for the Surface and a "Block" component to attach a block the the label.

This can also be done using a "Surface Label".

Take a look at the example in attached dwg.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7
RalphBrown99
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi Joe:

Thanks for the solution. Next time I will be looking more in detail before to ask something like that in the forum

Thanks

Rafael

Message 5 of 7
RalphBrown99
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay, thanks. Your solution is OK now. I know how to do it now even that I can not change the styles in my labels. Your styles are not available in the set of styles of my spot elevations labels I do not know why
Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

@RafaelMoreno wrote:
 Your styles are not available in the set of styles of my spot elevations labels I do not know why

The Style can be copied into other drawings using this method:

Open both of the drawings and set the drawing you want to copy the "Spot Elevation" Note Style into as the current drawing window.

On Settings Tab of Toolspace click the dropdown that says "Active drawing settings view">change it to "Master view"

Expand the drawing name that contains the Note Style on Settings Tab of Toolspace>General>

Label Styles>Note>Spot Elevation

Left click on the style to be copied and slowly drag it onto the drawing space of the drawing the style is being copied into.

Another way import styles into other drawings is to use the _ImportStylesAndSettings command found on Manage Tab of Ribbon > Styles panel.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Hi Raphael

Its all about questions here. Always good to get a fishing pole instead of a fish

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report