Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customize the menu bar

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
aldawg23
10921 Views, 10 Replies

customize the menu bar

I have installed C3D 2013 and only have "Express" available on the menu bar.  How can I add all the items to the menu bar?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dgordon
in reply to: aldawg23

That doesn't sound right.   You may want to repair the install or re-install.   Can you provide a picture of what you're seeing?  png format preferred.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 11
aldawg23
in reply to: dgordon

Thanks for the help.  the cui shows all available menu item to be in the menu bar for this workspace, just not visible. desktop.PNG

Message 4 of 11
tcorey

In the CUI, pick the Workspace you want to modify, select Customize Workspace button.

Back on the left, find and expand Menus, then put a check mark in each pulldown menu you want displayed within this workspace. Press Done, then OK.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 11
fsdah3
in reply to: tcorey

I am having the same problem, but your explanation isn't clear. My menu bar on my laptop shows only the Express option, while the menu bar on my work PC shows File, Edit, View, Insert, General, Survey, etc, with Express being the last one listed. It must be a simple setting that got accidently changed because the options were all there yesterday. Thanks you for help.

Message 6 of 11
fsdah3
in reply to: fsdah3

I figured it out. My workspace got changed from Civil 3D. Putting it back in Civil 3D brought my menubar bar with all options
Message 7 of 11
bcollins
in reply to: fsdah3

I was having the same issue.  Everything was fine yesterday.  Came in this morning and started up Civil3D and everything except Express was gone from the menubar.  Set MENUBAR to 0 and then back to 1 - no help.  Restarted C3D - no help.  Restarted my computer - no help. 

Then I came here looking for help.  I noticed that your workspace had been changed from Civil 3d.  Mine was still set at Civil 3D.  But I changed the workspace to see if others were having the same issue.  The other workspaces appeared to be working fine.  When I changed back to Civil 3D all my menubar items were back.  I shut down C3D and brought it back up again and it appears as though everything is working fine again.

Thanks for posting your solution.  It helped me figure out the issue too.  Hopefully others will be able to see this and fix their issues as well.

Message 8 of 11
rkmcswain

Was C3D 2013 or earlier installed on this machine at some point in the past?

I'm asking because I see this problem when C3D 2013 is reinstalled, or when it's installed on a machine where 2011 or 2012 was installed. The problem in my cases is that several of the files (most notably C3D.CUIX) is missing from the users profile.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 11
bcollins
in reply to: rkmcswain

It seems like 2013 was on this machine briefly when it was new. Shortly thereafter we updated to 2014 and 2013 was uninstalled. We just updated again to 2015. But the issue didn’t come up immediately after updating. It took a few days to start seeing the issue.
Message 10 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: bcollins

In my cases, we perform the install while logged in as local administrator, and everything looks fine.

But when the regular user logs in and launches C3D (which creates a new AutoCAD profile for that user), not all the files get copied over. I've only seen this happen on reinstalls.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 11 of 11
kgajrani
in reply to: bcollins

I was facing this same problem this morning ur post helped me to sort it out ...thanks..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report