Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising road profile output

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
earthworks12
308 Views, 1 Reply

Customising road profile output

I am new to Civil 3D and need to customise the look of road profiles so they look like they were produced from any of our other civil design software packages that we use (to maintain standards between offices etc).

The attatched picture is what I need them to look like. I want to show both the natural ground (the dotted line) and the design road line (solid). Then I want to write on the profile the station, natural level and the design level.

I've got the Mastering Civil 3D book (and a few others) sitting on my desk although they haven't been able to help me much. I worked out how to turn off the grid on the default profile althoguh that was about it.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: earthworks12

What I found to be the most helpful when setting up our "Data Bands" Profile Views is an older AutoDesk University video "Three Sheets to the Wind" by Scott McEachron. Link to Video Slideshow

Most of the content is still applicable to current version of C3D.

It's well worth the 1-1/2 hours if your new to C3D & dealt the hand you've been dealt.

Data Bands are one of the more difficult things to understand & set up in C3D.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report