Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Viewport Scale in 2015 Crash

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rachelc11
9059 Views, 13 Replies

Custom Viewport Scale in 2015 Crash

Hello all,

Maybe I shouldn't have switched to C3D 2015 so early, but I'm hoping that's not the "solution" to this problem.

Here's what's up. I have a viewport which I need to set to a certain scale. I click into the viewport from paper space. Then I go to the bar on the bottom of the screen and click the viewport scale menu. There are several scale options to choose from, none of which suit me, so I click "Custom.." so I can make a new scale, as I have always done for the last 3 releases of AutoCAD.

BOOM, CRASH.

The window reads this:

AutoCAD error abort

"Error handler re-entered. Exiting now."

We have replicated this problem on another computer with a different file.

Someone showed me another way to set the scale in viewports, but I would still appreciate still if Autodesk would address this problem.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
wfberry
in reply to: rachelc11

I always have my PROPERTIES box open.  Select the "frame" of your viewport.  In the Viewport of the Properties box is all the help you will need that can be adjusted.

Bill

Message 3 of 14
MarySeufert

Try SCALELISTEDIT.

Edit: I've seen other posts reporting the same issue. So please report the problem to Autodesk here: http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/report_a_bug.html

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 14
rachelc11
in reply to: MarySeufert

Interestingly, issuing that command from the command line causes the same crash. I reported the problem.

Message 5 of 14
rachelc11
in reply to: wfberry

I am not able to edit the scale of my viewport from the properties box. It does list the current scale, but locks me out from editing it. Can you be more specific, maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks

Message 6 of 14
wfberry

In that same Properties box, you must unlock the viewport if it is locked.

Bill

Message 7 of 14
rkmcswain

I was working on an existing drawing today, and I did not even have to create a custom scale. Simply trying to SET a different scale caused it to CRASH.

After 5 or 6 more tries and crashes, I opened the drawing in 2013 and it worked fine.  I hope SP1 is coming soon and that it fixes basic functionality like this. I think I've submitted more CERs in one week of 2015 than I have all time for 2013. 😞

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 14
Cadguru42

This is a known bug (#34 on my list) that Autodesk has supposedly fixed in the soon-to-be-released C3D 2015 SP1. If your drawing was created using any of the OOTB C3D tempaltes (not acad.dwt) then the crash will happen. If you create a new template based on the no template option, then transfer styles, layers, blocks, etc. into it then you won't get this issue.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 9 of 14
rachelc11
in reply to: Cadguru42

I shall await the service pack then.

BTW not sure if the other posters on the thread knew the workaround, but what you need to do is:

Double click in the viewport

Enter Z for zoom in the comand line

Type in "xp(your scale) i.e. "xp1/2" to get 1"=2'

Message 10 of 14
mathewkol
in reply to: Cadguru42

FYI, the service pack did, in fact, fix this issue.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 11 of 14
rachelc11
in reply to: mathewkol

Cool beans.

Message 12 of 14
mbennum
in reply to: mathewkol

It doesn't appear to have fixed the issue here, we have a couple people with this issue and it still occurs after the service pack has been installed.

Unless I still have to go through some process of fixing the corrupted files before they'll work correctly?

Also, it appears that once a drawing has this issue in 2015, the crashing carries over to 2014 as well, which is rather inconvenient and frustrating. Anyone else seeing this?

Message 13 of 14
LyleHardin
in reply to: mbennum

We have about 9 seats of IDSP.

Two of my users had this issue.

SP2 fixed one of them but not the other.

We're trying some of the workarounds now.

Message 14 of 14
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

Nevermind. I should have gone to physically see what was going on. It was just a matter of the Scale List dialog box being off the screen. Alt+Space > Move did the trick to bring it back. So, service pack 2 did the trick afterall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report