Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom title block with Plan Production tools

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ltmullen
1113 Views, 5 Replies

Custom title block with Plan Production tools

Is there a way to change the title block that AutoCAD uses for the layouts created with Plan Production tools to a custom title block?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: ltmullen

Yes customize it to your liking and set the default in OPTIONS>Files tab>Template Settings>
Default Template for sheet creation and page setup overrides.
Normally these dwt mappings are set to a network location so all users are mapped to same dwt's.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
ltmullen
in reply to: Jay_B

I tried this after you suggested it but it didn't seem to work.

I'm making section sheets, if that makes any difference.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Create a new drawing, set up your layout tab(s) exactly the way you want, with viewports (make sure you set your viewport type. To do this, select the viewport, in the bottom of the Properties window, change the type to 'Section') blocks, etc., and save as a .dwt template file.

Now simply map to this template file as described in Jay's post, and proceed making sheets as normal.

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

Yes that does make a difference.

AFAIK there's no specific path to set for the dwt used on the Create Section Views>Section Placement Tab>Placement Options.

I'm pretty sure what happens is once you've browsed to the custom xsec.dwt location and contains a proper page setup then that path will be stored in your Profile. So the next time create section views are created the dwt and Layout used will be the default.

Placing them in the "Plan Production" folder under the path specified in the Drawing Settings>Template file location> keeps things organized as this is how they are setup with OOTB install.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
ltmullen
in reply to: Jay_B

Aha, I didn't realize at first that it was in the "Create Section Views" step that the .dwt was chosen, rather than in the "Create Section Sheets" step afterward. I was blindly selecting a generic AutoCAD template at that step, but I figured out how to make my own template with viewports of "Viewport Type" equal to "Section," and it worked out for me. Thanks!

And for the sake of anyone else reading this, what Jay said is correct...for section sheets in particular, changing the template folder in the Options menu doesn't do anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report