Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Scale Bar Linked to Viewport Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JCyganiak
2352 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Scale Bar Linked to Viewport Issue

I'm trying to use our scale bar that we made custom for our company that was dynamic. I removed the dyniamc portion of the block, and I'm trying to get it to work with the Layout Elements using the Scale Bar that links to your viewport. Very nice feature, however i can't get our scale bar to work. I inserted the ScaleBar2_Imperial, exploded it, and tried to copy how it was done. When i bring in the custom scale bar through the Layout Elements, not only does the scale (text) not change when i change the viewport scale, it also won't even show the linework and hatch within the scale bar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joe Cyganiak
Civil Engineering Senior Designer
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Citadel2012
in reply to: JCyganiak

The linework and hatch issue might be the product of a layers. Try putting all of the block components on layer 0, and insert the block on layer 0.

in reply to: Citadel2012

That doesn't work either. When I browse out to insert my custom block, it shows nothing to select to brin into the drawing. No clue what's going on here...

Joe Cyganiak
Civil Engineering Senior Designer
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017
Message 4 of 4
sam.lucido
in reply to: JCyganiak

If you are looking for a scale bar that changes the scale when you change the viewport scale you will need to use a formula within fields linking to the object (viewport). See the attached document from AUGIWorld Sept 2014. The last two pages (attached) explain how to create a custom scale bar linking to a viewport. 

Blog: CADproTips.com
Twitter: @CADproTips
Please mark this as the solution if it resolves your issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report