Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Quick Access Toolbar buttons?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
deltacoolguy
1575 Views, 5 Replies

I'd like to have "ddedit" and "la", for example.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrianHailey
in reply to: deltacoolguy

If the command already exists on the ribbon, just right click on it and choose, "Add to quick access toolbar".

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 6
bcollins

1. Type cui on the command line.
  2. On the customize tab, under "Customizations in All Files", you'll see the name of your current CUI file.  Mine is called "CIVIL".  Click on the + next to that to show all the different items in that file.  You should see "Quick Access Toolbars".  Next click the + next to "Quick Access Toolbars" to show the different QATs.  You'll likely only have 1.  Next, click the + next to your QAT to show the commands under that toolbar.
  3.  Under the "Command List" below the customizations box type ddedit and set the pulldown to legacy.  You should see the ddedit command listed.
  4.  Drag the ddedit shown in the command list window to your QAT in the customization box from step 2 and drop it where you want it to show up in your QAT.
  5.  Repeat steps 3 & 4 for _la and whatever other commands you want to show up in your QAT.
Message 4 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: bcollins

@bcollins wrote:
  1. Type cui on the command line.
  2. On the customize tab, under "Customizations in All Files", you'll see the name of your current CUI file.  Mine is called "CIVIL".  Click on the + next to that to show all the different items in that file.  You should see "Quick Access Toolbars".  Next click the + next to "Quick Access Toolbars" to show the different QATs.  You'll likely only have 1.  Next, click the + next to your QAT to show the commands under that toolbar.
  3.  Under the "Command List" below the customizations box type ddedit and set the pulldown to legacy.  You should see the ddedit command listed.
  4.  Drag the ddedit shown in the command list window to your QAT in the customization box from step 2 and drop it where you want it to show up in your QAT.
  5.  Repeat steps 3 & 4 for _la and whatever other commands you want to show up in your QAT.

This worked.  I had to find "Layer Properties Manager" instead of the shortcut "la", and found "Mtext Edit" for Mtext editing, but couldn't find ddedit or anything for editing dimension text.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 6
bcollins

There's a pulldown under where you type to search the command list.  Make sure that pulldown is set to legacy.  I think it's the last option in the list.  That's the only way I could find ddedit.  To find _la, type layers in the same box (pulldown still set to legacy).  My computer returns 3 results (one for Map3dDrawing, 1 for ACAD, and 1 for MapClassic), but if you hover your cursor over the command you'll see that each of them are "_la".

Message 6 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: bcollins

@bcollins wrote:

There's a pulldown under where you type to search the command list.  Make sure that pulldown is set to legacy.  I think it's the last option in the list.  That's the only way I could find ddedit.  To find _la, type layers in the same box (pulldown still set to legacy).  My computer returns 3 results (one for Map3dDrawing, 1 for ACAD, and 1 for MapClassic), but if you hover your cursor over the command you'll see that each of them are "_la".

That worked, too, for ddedit.  Thanks.  (I already had the layer dialog box figured out to my satisfaction.)

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report