Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Projections

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Prostang
1001 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Projections

I have searched and not found an answer, so here it comes:  How do I create a custom projection in Civil3D?  I have read many posts and links that point to Map, but I think it should be possible in C3D.  TIA.

Mike Madrid
Owner, MJM Consulting
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LeafRiders
in reply to: Prostang

Type ADEDEFCRDSYS into Civil 3D and go to town. Good Luck! 

If this isn't what you're looking for please include more explanation of what you're looking for. I have a few things in mind if you're looking for something else, but I'll wait for your reply first. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Prostang
in reply to: LeafRiders

That was it!  Thanks.

One more question: Is using a custom coordinate system better using this method or using the transformation tab in the drawing settings dialog box?

Mike Madrid
Owner, MJM Consulting
Message 4 of 4
LeafRiders
in reply to: Prostang

This really depends on what you're trying to do. I assume you're tryingn to go from one coordinate system to another. Some decent strategies exist to do this easily but I'm running out and will try to touch back and add more descriptive information on how to pull that off. We very rarely define coordinate systems. As a company we generally establish regional standards for projections to use. I would suggest you do the same and try and sync this up with the coordinate system your surveyors are working in. Some are "Grid" based some are "Ground" either way it's garbage in garbage out if you don't have this all well defined and documented. Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report