Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Pipe Report

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jmayo-EE
968 Views, 7 Replies

Custom Pipe Report

I would like to take the default pipes and struuctures report and remove the 3d pipe length and the edge to edge length. I would also like to add the structure description. I took the stock xsl file and removed the line associated with the pipe dat to remove and it won't run.. Any tips, tricks or debuggin advice?

John Mayo

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Dont know the first thing about it but does this get you any closer?

http://blogs.rand.com/civil/2011/03/customize-your-civil-3d-reports.html

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
andrewpuller3811

Have a look att he attached report.

The pipe table headings start around line 81.

I have commented out the the choice for 3d pipes forcing 2d pipes headings on line 118 and the heading for edge to edge on line 124.

The pipe table data starts around line 155

I have commented out the choice for 3d pipes forcing 2d pipes lengths on line 271 resulting in values for 2d lengths only and I have commented out the edge to edge value on line 278.

I used MS Web developer Express 2010 to open the file which allows you to comment out lines or large blocks and also provides basic error checking.

From what I can tell, the xsl files are a mix of html and xsl programming, which allows choices, calculations etc, to be made based on data values in the xml files.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Many, many thanks Andrew. I will give it a run a bit later today or tomorrow and post back with the lines I removed that were required syntax. Thx for the tip on the editor also. Downloading now.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
jmayo-EE

Awesome!

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

Andrew, Any chance you know how to get the structure decsription into a report? None of the OOTB reports provide this.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
andrewpuller3811

John,

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy and this thread got pushed down the forum a long way.

Yes it is possible.

The attached file has a new column added to the structures table called Description and the values are filled in that column.

First off, there needed to be an extra column added to the table which is done on line 302. Pretty easy that part.

Second, a variable need to be created to hold the value of the description. This was done on line 372 with creation of the variable "Description" and then assigning it the value of desc.

The desc value is picked up from the XML output from civil 3d. If you want to add other values that are not in a report, have a look in an exported Land XML file and any of the attributes in the XML file can be fed into the report and added to the table. For example the Structures have attributes - name, desc, elevRim, elevSump plus other attibutes that are processed to get sump depth etc.

Third and last, the variable created above needs to be used to insert its value into the table. This is done with lines 396 to 398.

Hope this helps.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
jmayo-EE

I can't thank you enough Andrew. That was very nice. Kudos!

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report