Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom hatch issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kmedeiros1
152 Views, 1 Reply

custom hatch issues

I have a dwg from my old computer with a custom hatch.  I need that hatch for a new dwg on my new computer.  I loaded the old dwg to copy the hatch and i was able to copy and paste it into my new drawing.  The hatch is there, works great.  When I try to inherit properties it defaults the hatch to ANSI31.  not the custom hatch.  This is where it gets confusing.  If I go to hatch properties on the custom hatch it shows it as ANSI31, but when i right click and select "properties" it is called Spanish1 (my custom hatch).

I have come to the conlusion that i need to copy paste my old hatch file from the old computer and put in in the hatch folder for the new computer. my question is, my old computer is gone, so i cant copy the old hatch file, but if it is loading into the new dwg perfectly fine, this hatch file has to be somewhere.  Is there a way i can find it and copy it to the hatch folder.

Hope this wasnt confusing.  thanks for the help in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
vlsheehan
in reply to: kmedeiros1

Locate the custom hatch pattern file (*.pat) and copy it to the support folder on the new computer.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report