Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Coordinate System failure

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Sinc
420 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Coordinate System failure

I think this problem started after installing C3D 2012, and I don't think it's related to the UAC problems.  I tried asking my reseller about it, but got no answer.  Hoping someone else here has some insight.

This happens with all projects that use Custom Coordinate Systems created in C3D 2011 or earlier.  When opening the drawing and going into "Drawing Settings", I get this, and have to click seven times through the error box to finally have it do nothing:

CSNotValid.png

Then, if I go back to Drawing Settings, I see this:

DSNotValid.png

Notice how most of the dialog box settings are missing.

This stuff all worked fine for years, but seems to have gotten broken as soon as I installed C3D 2012, and is still broken in C3D 2013.  Anyone else experienced issues like this?

Sinc
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SethHall
in reply to: Sinc

Hi Sinc-

After discussing this with Almas, we can get this to happen if you rename the Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder located here: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk

We get the same exact error messages and everything:

sinc.png

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: SethHall

A coworker of mine just uninstalled 2010 and 2011 from his machine.  In 2012, he now has the same error pop up for him with the exact same screen shot.  How can we fix it?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Cadguru42

Hi,

repair your 2012-installation

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
Cadguru42

When I looked in the folder there were three different folders all named similar. 

Geospatial Coordinate Systems Temp2012

Geospatial Coordinate Systems1201

Geospatial Coordinate Systems1202

I'm assuming that when C3D 2010 and C3D 2011 were uninstalled that it renamed these folders for some reason.  I fixed it by renaming the first one to just Geospatial Coordinate Systems.  After that, everything worked fine.

It seems that there's a problem with the uninstaller.  Not sure if Autodesk is aware of this.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

it's difficult to solve that as long as newer versions install something in global folders.

When you then uninstall an older version of AutoCAD it does not know that there is any software on your system using this folder and so it deletes it with the uninstall.

Because of that

• I do not uninstall older releases .... or
  • I do a repair install for the new one I currently use (there may be other files also missing, I don't know if that folder is the only one that is gone)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report