Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Assembly causing error in C3D 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chierchio
759 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Assembly causing error in C3D 2012

I have created a custom Assembly using Assembly Composer for C3D 2012 and imported it to C3D. Problem is when I try to place the assembly in a drawing.

I get the error message "Unable to execute the tool. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

Dam_Simple Design Place Error.png

I am trying to create an assembly that will help me calculate a built volume based on constructed height of the structure.

Dam_Simple Design.png

I have attached the PKT file. If anyone has an idea why this error is thrown, I would appreciate any reccomendations.

(You will need to the attached zip file extension to pkt)

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chierchio
in reply to: chierchio

The preview in layout mode seems incrrect compared to the Road Layout preview

Preview in Layout mode.png

Message 3 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: chierchio

The reason your Layout Mode looks funny is because AP3 and AP4 are based off of the Target surface and then all subsequent points are based off of those auxiliary points. When in Layout Mode none of the Target Parameters are considered. 

I don't have time to import and test your subassembly right now to see if I also get the same error message from your original post but I will a little later today (or tomorrow) unless someone else does first. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 4 of 4
chierchio
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Hi Kati - it seems the problem was with my C3D installation. I checked other assemblies and was getting the same error message.

I can import the Sub Assembly now, but I am prompted to add it to an assembly. I am hoping to have this assembly as a stand-alone item....

More reading to do....

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report