Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Tag Precision

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tworkman
481 Views, 6 Replies

Curve Tag Precision

I am working in AutoCivil 3D 2014. I have created a curve table for a plat of an allotment with the precision for the curve length set to "Normal Rounding". My problem is that we have to show data for the individual lot frontage as well as the total length of the right-of-way curve length. So the individual lot frontages must add up to the total right-of-way length. If they don't, I have to make an adjustment to one of the lengths.  If I change the precision of the tag syle, there is no change in the table. I have attached a screen shot to show my results. The left picture shows a "span" style with the tag and curve length with the precision "truncated". On the right, is what is in the table. I would like to keep the table dynamic and not have to explode it. I think my problem lies in the table and the only way this can work is if I can override the one length in the table. But I have not been able to do that yet.

Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: tworkman

Edit Table Style in Use>Curve Length column>Change the column precision in Text component Editor to 3 decimals.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
tworkman
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I would like to keep the precision to two decimals. Also, I think there will always be a rounding issue no matter how many desimals you go out to.

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

I see, sorry I misunderstood your dilemma.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

I'm not sure what specific Table Style your using but here's Alignment Table As an example to verify the Command Settings.

Settings Tab of Toolspace>Alignment>Commands>AddAlignmentCurveTable>Distance>Rounding Normal.

Settings Tab of Toolspace>Alignment>Commands>AddAlignSegLbls>Distance>Rounding Normal.

The Rounding can also be set in both the Tag Style and the Table Style column within the Text Commponent Editor, so it should be possible to make them round the same AFAIK.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 7
tworkman
in reply to: Jay_B

I am using the Parcel Curve Table. Making the rounding the same is not a problem. What I want to do is to have the ONE line in the tabel the same as my tag style in plan. I want line "C14" in the table to be "340.59'". The tag style is set to give me that result (rounding: truncate). Please refer to previous post attachment.

Message 7 of 7
Ken_Nichols

HELLO, DID ANYONE FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report