Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve tag labels populate with ???

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tcorey
1401 Views, 7 Replies

Curve tag labels populate with ???

Civil 3D 2013. This is happening to a client and I have confirmed the issue in my office using his drawing and new drawings created from acad.dwt or the civil 3d imperial ncs template.

Create a curve tag label style, label a curve, and the label says ???. If you edit the label style, go to the layout tab, change the preview from curve label style to line label style and then back to curve label style, sometimes the label changes to show the tag number, but like once out of thirty tries. If the preview updates correctly, the tags in the drawing will update as well, now showing numbers.

I have found the same behavior with parcel curve labels.

Has anyone else seen this? Did you find a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: tcorey

Not really a fix but a different way of doing things. I never create a label style that starts out as a tag. I label in the drawing with some information and then when I create the table I have it convert the labels to tags. Do you still see the issue if you do it this way?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

I have had a few calls about this issue.  @Brian, yes it still happens.  Example, if i have a curve and a line, I grab the diamond grip and drag the tag past the end of the curve, then back and they turn into ???.  See below...

tags.gif

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 8

A possible workaround, select the labels, change them to the parent style, then back to the child style.

http://screencast.com/t/53h3ANjx4

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 8
tcorey

Thanks for the replies. I'll follow up with Autodesk to make sure they know about this behavior.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 8
IanMcClain

I just came across this same issue in an old drawing. It turned out that curve tag label style was defined in "Label mode" and not "Tag mode". After I change that it behaved as expected.

Ian McClain
Message 7 of 8

Still having this issue in '22 and this solved it. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
rl_jackson

@Courtney.StewartTZXZ3 this is a really old post, could you create a new one for your specific issue, workflow etc....

Thus far I've not seen this in 22 (or prior versions)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report