Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve & Line tags

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mdriver1
5378 Views, 11 Replies

Curve & Line tags

I'm sure this has been discussed.

How to start back to curve & line tag number 1 after generating tags?

During Parcel creation I told it to apply curve tags and it did what it said, created curve tags. Never again until I get comfortable with it. Looks great but want to have some order here. It's really random. I know it's not LDD but in LDD you could clear tags and start over. How to do this in 3D? From what I understand even if you do not display tags they are still created right? So where do I set the default starting number? Settings > Parcel > Commands > CreateSite?
Thanks,
Mark
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

In prospector, right click on the site and choose properties, the numbering tab. To renumber go the menu bar, parcels, add tables, renumber (or EDITPARCELTAGNUMBERS if you like to type).

Christopher
http://civil-3d.blogspot.com/
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 3 of 12
mdriver1
in reply to: mdriver1

Curve tags worked fine but line tags still want to randomly assign numbers even after applying the numbering tab. All line tags are erased before restarting from L1. Maybe one got placed on a style that isn't set to display? I will look.
Mark
Message 4 of 12
jonbaker

anything further on this? i am also unable to "reset" the numbering back to 1 when i erase the line and curve labels.
Jon Baker

CenterPoint Integrated Solutions, LLC

Evergreen, CO 80439

(Civil 3D 2012 & AutoCAD 2012 on Vista 64bit)
Message 5 of 12
mdriver1

I have not been able to really expand on this any further than the last day I posted. I went on to other things. I think there should be a way (if there is please tell me) that a user could "purge" styles, etc. out of the database (dwg) much like layers and blocks. I realize that once a user gets the template in order, the necessary styles are there and nothing more but I have a template in progress going on. I have styles somewhat scattered through three different (new) project drawings. I decided to style while driving and have not been able to gather my cool new styles. A purge of the "unused" ones would be awesome. At least I could narrow down the field. Luckily, for me, I prefixed those styles with "lsa-".

Oh, am I to understand that a label tag gets created no matter what (if the style is set to generate tags but invisible) during parcel creation? If you set it to not generate a tag, can you go through and tag later? I think that could be why the tag cannot be renumbered back to 1. I have set my starting number to something large like 500 so I can go through and renumber as needed but it still skips numbers. I posetd about a wish to be able to set the minimum length of a line or arc to get a tag or not. Haven't seen or heard anymore on it.
Hope my post makes sense.
Thanks,
Mark Driver
Message 6 of 12
jonbaker

well i searched some more..

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5801068

it seems that creating a new site and moving the alignments there "resets" the tag numbers.
Jon Baker

CenterPoint Integrated Solutions, LLC

Evergreen, CO 80439

(Civil 3D 2012 & AutoCAD 2012 on Vista 64bit)
Message 7 of 12
mdriver1

Ahh. Kinda sucks to have to do (sinc's idea) but easy enough but I still think it will create the tag number in the order the segments are generated therefore jumping around. Like I said, I think if you set the style to create tags as a method it will create a tag at every segment, hence the jumping around of numbers.
Mark Driver
Message 8 of 12
lowchin

Ok lets see if I can help here I'm not usually the one offering advice so I hope I can convey my thoughts properly. When you have one parcel NOT lots there seems to be a problem with changing the actual line tags they don't want to be changed. Using the menu drop down under parcels--->add table--->renumber tags it seems you can edit the curve tags but the lines don't want to change on the main parcel. Try this First delete your line tag that you don't want what ever it may be L13 etc.... then go to the prospector and reset the counter to what number you want to start with. Then this is what i do i go to the parcel drop down go to add parcel labels so that it brings up the little add labels dialog box. Now i go down to the label type and set my line label style to my style line tag only. Before i start doing the renumbering I do an audit. I've noticed that sometimes with out the audit it defaults back to what ever the original number was. Now select add and pick on the line where you want the label it should be the new label number that you hopefully want. Typically if i am changing lot labels within the main parcel i will go to the add tables renumber tags again with the audit right before placing any new tags. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO MAKE A COPY OR SAVE BEFORE DOING ANY PLAYING AROUND HATE TO SEE ANYONE LOSE WORK. I hope this helps and if its unclear maybe i can post some screen shots to make it a little more clear.
Message 9 of 12

Dear Mr.Christopher

Do you have any idea how to apply that on civil 3d 2012 version

Your advice please

Thank you.

Please do not forget approve as solutions and Points
to Remember Please Accept as Solution and Kudos Please
Message 10 of 12
FSWookie

THe program is not placing Random line numbers, there seems to be a very small straight peace of tangent at the end of every curve, this is what increasing the tag number in the lines, but it does not seem to place the Tag label on the draw, that is at least a good thing.

If you label the lines one at a time, (I know a real pain) then you can control the line numbers.

If you need to sort your tables you can select the sort within the table itself under Table Style.

Hope this helped.

Message 11 of 12
csevers

Unknown command "EDITPARCELTAGNUMBERS".  Press F1 for help.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 12 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: csevers

EDITTAGNUMBERS

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report