Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Data and Bearing Distance are showing as boxes how do i fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ethankins
692 Views, 8 Replies

Curve Data and Bearing Distance are showing as boxes how do i fix this?

I have been editing some rail lines, when i put labels on the lines and curves to get the curve data and the bearing and distance it appears fine on my pc, but when i send to the engineer and they export it to PDF instead of the labels i get big boxes that say AeecDbAlignmentCurveLabel (Aeccland100) instead of my labels.  Ill attach a pdf to show.  What is causing this problem???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: ethankins

When "they export it to PDF" are they using AutoCAD's Plot command and the Autodesk-supplied DWG to PDF.pc3? If so, go into the Custom Properties of that "printer" and set Font Handling to Capture All, As Geomtry.

Does that help?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
ethankins
in reply to: tcorey

i think they are using a custom, or different version of the dwg to pdf,  i checked file dates on the original and what they sent me and they are slightly diff size and dates. is this something on their end or on mine.  ill email your response and see if thats the problem.  thanks for the reply!!!

Message 4 of 9
tomshumpert

The engineer you sent it to probable does not have C3D. He will have to load the "Object Enabler" for C3D.

Tommy Shumpert -
Civil3DiT | Twitter
Message 5 of 9
ethankins
in reply to: tomshumpert

No we are both using civil 3d 2013, so i dont think that is the issue, would she still need to enable that?

Message 6 of 9
tcorey

No, she won't need to use the Object Enabler if she has Civil 3D. Ask her to use the Autodesk-supplied PDF generator, not a third-party.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 9
tomshumpert

No, You only need the enabler if you want to see C3D objects in vanila Acad.

That's strange, because that example you have is what it looks like when Acad cannot see C3D objects.

Ask if she is able to run a C3D command in the drawing. C3D maynot be loaded properly.

Tommy Shumpert -
Civil3DiT | Twitter
Message 8 of 9
tomshumpert

I guess I should have asked if she sees those boxes when she is in the drawing...

Also, Try using the Export to PDF under Output Tab.

Tommy Shumpert -
Civil3DiT | Twitter
Message 9 of 9
ethankins

I didnt ask if she saw them in the drawing or not,  I will when I contact her again,  as far as I am aware the boxes are only showing up when exported to pdf.  but i will get more information for you guys when i can, thanks so much for all your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report