Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve+Curve+Spiral

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Umit.Arslan
508 Views, 2 Replies

Curve+Curve+Spiral

Hi

How can i add a "curve+curve+spiral" to the PI point "S1"?

Thanks

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I would break up the alignment so I could use adding curves from end of entity (starting at S1) and go from there. Others might have better suggestions.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: ericcollins6932

Start by breaking apart the PI, then you can add the pieces you need to connect the tangents.  It depends on what parts of the curve-curve-spiral are constrained and which are not.  I've attached a drawing with several possible combinations.

• The first alignment has a floating curve with a specified radius attached to the incoming tangent, a second floating curve attached to that and a free spiral connecting to the outgoing tangent.
  • The second alignment has a floating curve-spiral with specified radius and spiral length attached to the outgoing tangent and then a free curve between that and the incoming tangent.
  • The third alignment has a curve with fixed centerpoint and radius in the middle, then a free curve connecting from the incoming tangent to it, and a free spiral connecting to the outgoing tangent.

There are probably more possibilities - choose the elements that work for your situation.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report