Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sramsey2010
378 Views, 6 Replies

Cursor problem

I'm running Autocad 2013 Civil 3d, when I open a particular drawing the cursor turns to a circular shape as if it is downloading something, but it is actually not loading anything. This circular cursor does not let you do anything with the drawing, you just have to keep hitting esc until it gives you a fatal error message that says "FATAL ERROR: Cannot write to undo file (probably disk full)" and it kicks you out of autcad. Any ideas on how to get rid of this ciruclar cursor?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jporter
in reply to: sramsey2010

Is it only happening in this drawing?  If so, I'd start by running a RECOVER on the drawing.  From a blank drawing type in RECOVER and hit ENTER.  Everything else is pretty much straight forward.

Jason

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 3 of 7
sramsey2010
in reply to: jporter

This problem is only happening in this .dwg drawing. I have tried running recover from a blank drawing and got no where. I thought about setting the computer back to a prior date before this problem occured. Any thought on that or any other solutions?

Message 4 of 7
jporter

If it's only happening in this drawing then there's no need to reset your computer to back to a prior date.  It's not the computer.  It very well could be a corrupted file.  That's the worst case scenario.  If that's the case find the *.bak file and convert that to a *.dwg file.  You may lose a little work but it's better than losing the entire drawing. 

But before doing that try this. . .

1. Begin a new drawing
  2. Insert your drawing into it
  3. If it comes in EXPLODE the drawing
  4. Save the drawing and work from this one

This is the best case, easy fix, scenario.  If this doesn't work then your best bet is that *.bak file. 

Jason

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 5 of 7
tcorey

Empty your temp folder.

If that doesn't help, inside AutoCAD, type UNDO, then C for Control. Set it to either One or None.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 7
kbiggs

I have a spinning cursor before, not sure if it is related to your situation. I have found a quick trick that seems to work, as this has been an issue with 2010-2012 that I know of (we are on 2012)

Try this:  In the Prospector tab switch from "Active Drawing Viewer" to "Master View", or vise versa. This seems to fix it for me. All of our CAD users have experienced this issue with the cursor, switching from "Active Drawing Viewer" to "Master View" does the trick.

Hope this helps,

Keith Biggs Chair,

CAD Standards Committee & Senior CAD Technician

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.

Leading in Quality: OQM certified March 2013.

Message 7 of 7
HansSMS
in reply to: kbiggs

Had this too, and I use the old DOS "Monkey Grip" (Ctrl Alt Del), start the task manager, shut it, get back to the drawing and the rotating cursor is gone.

Hans Moller
Surveying & Management Services
Gladstone Australia
Metabox 16GB, Intel i7-9700K 3.6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report