Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Layer & Labels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JeffCamarena
764 Views, 5 Replies

Current Layer & Labels

I use the same label style for multiple objects (surfaces) with different layers (i.e. Concrete, Pavement, etc.) I have the label style set to Layer 0, to take on the layer properties I want the label on. When I insert a label, it defaults to Layer 0, then I have to change it's layer. Is there a way to insert a label on the current layer?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
IanMcClain
in reply to: JeffCamarena

Message 3 of 6
mathewkol

Some other objects would be great too.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 6
kgerman

Yes, please add the ability to create Civil 3D labels (and other objects) onto the current layer.  

How about an option in the create labels dialog that lets you control font style, font size and layer of labels so a single set of styles can be used fo rmultiple purposes.  For example, outer boundary labels are Ariel Bold, .12" on V-BNDY-ANNO, Interior property labels are Ariel, .10" on V-PROP-ANNO and easement labels are Simplex, 0.08" on V-ESMT-ANNO, but can all be handled with the same set of label styles.

Message 5 of 6
civman_daar

Better yet, in drawing settings>object labels, create a list to save multiple layer settings.  For instance,  a saved group of object layers for each utility: sanitary, storm, water so that I don't have to change the layers everytime I label something different.  Could be used for other object layers as well. Just my 2 cents.

Message 6 of 6
ndls7540

The best explanation I have seen is through a different website:

www.civil4d.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/C3D-Styles-and-layers1.pdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report