Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curb Return Profile: partially at elevation zero

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cman24
898 Views, 3 Replies

Curb Return Profile: partially at elevation zero

See attached screen shot.  I have a curb return profile that appears to be just fine in profile view.  However, the corridor being built with it jumps down to zero elevation for every section prior to Sta 0+36.88.  All sections after this point are fine.  Also, if I do an 'inquiry' to get the elevation prior to Sta 0+36.88, it comes up with no result.  Elevations after this station are just fine.  Why does the profile appear to be there, but has no value?

This is a curb return alignment/profile created with the intersection wizard, but the offset alignments created through the same process were modified (no longer dynamic offsets of the mainline alignment) to include bump-out areas.  The curb return alignment is still dynamic to these offset alignments and appears to be building correctly.  The offset alignments are longer than the curb return alignments, as they should be. The curb return profile is set up to dynamically tie into the offset alignment profiles, which are sampled from a proposed top surface (not the same corridor).  These surface profiles extend further than the curb return alignment/profile, so I don't think that's the problem.  There are other similar quadrants in the same intersection that work fine and I can't find any differences that jump out at me.  Any ideas what might be happening here?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fcernst
in reply to: cman24

FYI, I documented instability when post editing intersection widenings in 2014. It has been sent to development.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Confirmed-Defect-CaseNo-08947786-Intersection...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 4
cman24
in reply to: fcernst

That's exactly my issue!  Good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this and it's a known issue; unfortunately, being an unresolved issue does not help me.  Hopefully AutoDesk get's this resolved soon!  This is an important issue as I quite often need to modify my intersection quadrants, in this case it is for curb bump-outs.

Thanks for the response!

Message 4 of 4
fcernst
in reply to: cman24

It has also been suggested to me to leave feedback through the link below. The say this is where the managers look for customer feedback to help determine prioritization on issues. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report