Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curb return grade label

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jrasd
1193 Views, 6 Replies

curb return grade label

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how I could create a label for the curb return grade as shown on the attached file.  The label is on a curve, help is appreciated.

Jon

Civil 3D 2012

Jon
AutoCAD C3D 2014, SP1
Win7 - 64bit
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
fcernst
in reply to: jrasd

Extract the Feature line from your Corridor and label it.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 7
tcorey

Hi,

Is the object you are labeling an AutoCAD Arc or some other object type. It's very important to know the object type in order to steer you in the right direction. As Fred alluded to, you might be using a feature line, but that's not obvious from your question.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7
jrasd
in reply to: tcorey

I gues the problem is that I'm not really labelling an object.  I'm labelling the grade of a surface along a curve.  Maybe i'll try adding an arc object then somehow adding a label to that.

Jon
AutoCAD C3D 2014, SP1
Win7 - 64bit
Message 5 of 7
gccdaemon

Why not create a surface label that shows elevation data at a point? I use this for spot grades that are not surface points.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 6 of 7
Neilw_05

As you say, you can add arcs to the drawing and label them, but then you'll have to manually synchronize their elevations whenever the surface changes.

The slope label tool is not capable of labeling arcs since it can only label the slope between two points.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 7 of 7
fcernst

"I gues the problem is that I'm not really labelling an object.  I'm labelling the grade of a surface along a curve.  Maybe i'll try adding an arc object then somehow adding a label to that."

This looks like it is about to turn into a full disaster...

If the feature lines and breaklines for the curb return definition are not available to you to Label, turn on the TIN lines and label using two of the tesselated TIN points on the curb return to reflect accurate surface data. 

Or, just get the correct design grade from the designer and label.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report