Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curb Return Alignment wrt Parent Alignment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jgotsis
1671 Views, 1 Reply

Curb Return Alignment wrt Parent Alignment

I am creating a corridor for a driveway and I created two aligments and classifed them as "curb return"- they both have compound curves.  I would like them to be related to the driveway centerline as a parent alignment.  Please see attached.  Is there a way to do this without having to creat an intersection?  (The driveway connects to an existing street.)

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
aleepierce
in reply to: jgotsis

My strategy for modeling existing paving across the board is as follows:

1. create alignments where the lane meets the curb.

2. create one assembly with the curb only (see image)

3. create another assembly with the paving only (see image)

4. create a corridor using the alignment created in step one. Apply the assembly created in step 2.

5. create another corridor along your baseline using the assembly from step 3.

6. now use the alignment created in step 1 as your offset target for the lane width and slope for the main paving assembly.

For driveways, I create an alignment at the point where the driveway meets the road. I have the main roads paving assembly use this for the offset target, and then create a corridor along this alignment, with a lane assembly projecting up the driveway side to an alignment along the edge & back of the driveway. If the driveway has curbs, I use the procedure described above to address those. It works great, and the resulting cross sections look really good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report