Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curb lines in taper

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lambertb
834 Views, 3 Replies

curb lines in taper

ANy best practices for modeling curb lines in taper sections? My curb need to show the correct with to place spot elevations but is not parallel to the rado. ANd then my sidewalk further off is. Does this require two offset assemblies? Any tips or tricks. I did see a post from 2012 regarding similar concepts. Just wondering if the 2014 version has another feature? Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
almas.suljevic
in reply to: lambertb

Hi lambertb,

I am not sure I can follow; can you give more specific information of what you are trying to get? By looking at your picture I would say that you need more than one assembly but not sure really. I hope others may also chip in once this is little more clear. 

Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: lambertb

If you are dead set on the precission of your model you will need an offset assembly. However, IMHO for this particular case the difference would be inconsiquential

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
lambertb
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

offset assembly is the choice. in this taper it is a bit much to model the curb but we have other tapers in winding development roadways where this information is utilized. We worked with the offset assemblies and the link to marked points but many does one have to draw pictures and learn to visualize what is happening because the assembly does not look like what appears in section editor.

2015-01-13_8-36-41.png

C3D 2022 and 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report