Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curb doesn't follow Edge of Pavement

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
troma
826 Views, 10 Replies

Curb doesn't follow Edge of Pavement

I've just set up a corridor.  It's got five regions.  I needed a few tapers so I used polylines to set targets.  Here's the thing: The LinkOffsetAndWidth is following the target that I set, but the curb which should be attached to the Link is ignoring the target.  i.e. the curb appears to be becoming detached from the link that it is set up with in the assembly.

Here's a screenshot.  The red lines are my targets, the white is the corridor.  I circled in blue the problem areas.

Corridor problem.PNG

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: troma

Not sure unless there is a problem with that polyline perhaps, but you realize, you are going to want to use an Offset Assembly, to get correct perpendicular Corridor projections for your curb and gutter system relative to the horizontally transitioning Target alignment.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 11
troma
in reply to: fcernst

You assume that I realize things that I may not realize.  I think you use corridors much more than I do.  I've read a few comments about things being or not being perpendicular, but it all flew over my head a little.  Do you care to elaborate?  How and why does one go about using an Offset Assembly?

Mark Green

Message 4 of 11
jmayo-EE

If you don't have a profile to use with the offset I think you could also try to add more sections or increase the sampling frequency in these areas.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
troma
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I found the problem in the south-east.  My target wasn't long enough.  (You can see in the original picture that nothing was following it past a certain point.) But the other problems remain.

I increased my frequency to 1.0m on tangents and 0.1m on curves.  Nothing changed with the curb.

Corridor problem.2.PNG

Mark Green

Message 6 of 11
mathewkol

I can only surmise that the curb is not actually attached to the link.  Look in your assembly properties, construction tab and see that everything is in there attached nicely.

Also, if you adjust the width of the link in the assembly layout, does the curb follow it?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 11
troma
in reply to: mathewkol

No, they're not attached.  I was just going to post that, I noticed before I read your reply.  If I edit the lane to be 2m instead of 3m, the curb stays where it is:

Corridor problem.assembly.PNG

So what do I do to fix that?

I don't follow your instructions about attching them back.  Thanks.

Corridor problem.assembly properties.PNG

Mark Green

Message 8 of 11
mathewkol

Right click the curb and select add to assembly or move to, depending on what needs to be done.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 9 of 11
troma
in reply to: mathewkol

I had to click "Move to" first, which appeared to move it to somewhere in the middle of nowhere.  Then I had to click on "Clear Offset in Assembly" becasue I guess there was an offset set from baseline that held it in place.  Once this was cleared, the curb was actually attached and moved with the link when made wider and narrower.

Thanks!

Corridor solution.PNG

Mark Green

Message 10 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Unfortunately, no amount of sampling frequency addresses the corridor perpendicularity projection problem for transitioning corridor systems.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 11 of 11
jmayo-EE
in reply to: fcernst

That is correct. You need the offset to hold the sections perpindicular.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report