Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curb and gutter, something

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MonkeyTrainer
1327 Views, 6 Replies

curb and gutter, something

i need a subassembly that can do what is circled in the image. i need a .5:1 for a base under my curb. my "help" for CIV3D isnt working, so i dont have pictures of my subs and its killing me.

thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Might I suggest looking into the Subassembly Composer. You can make a curb and gutter subassembly pretty simply with whatever input parameters you need. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 7
sboon
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

You might also be able to build what you need using the OOTB subassemblies.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Kati, I went to AU Online to download your handouts, but nothing appears. Do you care to post them here for the community?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: tcorey

Hmmm my 2011 handout should be downloadable from here: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9196

And my 2012 handout should be downloadable from here: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=10451

I think you need to be logged in to download? If you are still having difficulties let me know and I will look into it further. 

AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 6 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Thanks, Kati. I got the docs.

I haven't read the newest one, Reverse Engineering..., but I read the 2011 doc. It's very clear and easy to understand. I highly recommend it to everyone.

BTW, Kati, in your AU bio, it mentions you are active in the Civil 3D Subassembly Composer forum. Is that a type or or is there a forum specifically for Subassembly Composer? Where is that? I don't find it anywhere on Autodesk.

And one more question, Kati, do you cover Subassembly Composer in Mastering Civil 3D 2013?

Prospero Nuevo!

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 7
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you for the compliment on the 2011 handout. I am glad that it has been a good resource for you. 

The forum in the AU bio is actually meant to reference this one, the AutoCAD Civil 3D forum, where I often answer questions about Subassembly Composer. To my knowledge, there isn't a stand-alone forum for it currently. 

Yes there is a full chapter on Subassembly Composer in Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report