Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumulative area at station

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
paulof
585 Views, 17 Replies

Cumulative area at station

Hi.

How can i have cumulative area at station on tables?

Can i have it with an expression?

paulof
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: paulof

I'm assuming you want a cumulative area along a corridor. You can generate these using Sample Lines & Sections. I use the Materials List, which is defined for each project, then the Calculate Materials function. I can then create a table that includes cumulative quantities, you might have to add that data as a column to include in the table.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 18
paulof
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Hi.

I want area values (daylight cut and daylight fill). On component editor it only shows [Cut Area at Station] or [Fill Area at Station] and cant use an expression that give me total cut and fill area.

paulof
Message 4 of 18
Jay_B

[Cut Area at Station] or [Fill Area at Station]  represent "End Areas" of the assembly @ a given station .

Are you looking to come up with cunmulative totals for these Cut and Fill "End Areas"?

Or are you after Square Area cumulative totals for Cut and Fill areas in "Plan View" along the surface?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 18
paulof
in reply to: Jay_B

HI.

All i want is to know total areas in plan view. By default civil give to me area at station...(profile view) but i want is Cut and Fill total area in plan. I dont see one expression to know those values. Its important because Fill and Cut (daylight) are in diferent costs.

paulof
Message 6 of 18
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

The table I was eluding to in my previous post looks like the pic below. Is this the type of information you need?

If so, it is generated with the process I described above. These tables can also be generated for materials.

2014-08-12_13-02-17.jpg

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 7 of 18
paulof
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Hi. Thank you Lisa Pohlmeyer                          .

I know those tables. That it is not what i want.

I want to give total cut and fill area in plan (daylight zones) and not relative values.

Those values that you say are relative to section area at station.

I dont want materials.

paulof
Message 8 of 18
wfberry

Paul:

Look at the table again.  There are fill and cut areas shown between each station.  I am thinking that Lisa is having the same problem as I am.  Are you wanting Total Fill or Total Cut that pertains to this one sheet that you are looking at?  If so, just add up the yardage between the stations on the sheet.  OR please explain.

Bil

Message 9 of 18
paulof
in reply to: wfberry

Hi.

Ok. That is correct. Area Fill and Area Cut are ok!!! Only if we want area value at station (section area) and not total slope area in plan. I know that i could use this value and multiply with some value (for example Fill area x 25 meters)...but that is not correct. I want a way (if possible) to determine total area in plan (fill and cut) because they are important. One daylight slope dont has the same dimension between stations. I hope i am explain it correct. Thank you.

paulof
Message 10 of 18
wfberry

Paul:

I am beginning to think that we are worlds apart.  I do believe that your "area" and my "area" are referring to two different things.  Perhaps a picture or three would be of some help.

Bill

Message 11 of 18
paulof

Bill:

You could be correct...lol

This is area value that i want to know (daylight slope on plan view)

print_1.jpg

Area that are in table is section area at station:

print_2.jpg

I dont want this area. I want total area in plan (Cut ou Fill).

Thank you.

paulof
Message 12 of 18
wfberry

Paul:

I believe we are making progress.  Are you trying to get the area of the existing ground that would be disturbed by construction?  Area would be bounded by the toe of slope around the entire project (either cut or fill).

2D or 3D area?

Bill

Message 13 of 18
paulof

Hi Bill.

2D area (projection on plane) That´s the area we need to know.

paulof
Message 14 of 18
wfberry

If you draw that polyline around the entire perimeter along the daylight line the polyline will give you the area.

Bill

Message 15 of 18
paulof

Hi Bill,

This makes no sense. If i have 30 km road, i have to do it manually? I do not think that is the best way.

paulof
Message 16 of 18
wfberry

If you have a single surface for the corridor, open up the statistics window and the 2D area should be available.

Bill

Message 17 of 18
paulof

Bill,

Thank you.

I have that corridor surface, but again...it has only 2D and 3D total area surface and not daylight slope area (cut or fill) projected on terrain surface.

paulof
Message 18 of 18
wfberry

Perhaps if you would ever spell out what you are trying to do, someone could help.  Are you trying to get the ground area for seeding?

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report