Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cul-de-sac with Island Corridor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2442 Views, 3 Replies

Cul-de-sac with Island Corridor

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to model a cul-de-sac with an island. How do you fill in the missing piece in the attached image without creating a ton of other baseline alignments?

Any help would be wonderful! Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know if two more alignments counts as a ton, but I would have a centerline that continues from where your current alignment splits at approx. 11+90 through the centers of the two island curves.  The second alignment would follow the outer perimeter of the island.  Use both of these as horizontal targets for your current corridor, to fill in the triangular gap.  Add another baseline and region for the island, using an assembly which builds only the curb and the raised island area.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure what you have done to get to this point.  There are several ways to go about it.  If you did nothing else but made a surface from what you are showing, I believe that it would fill it in.  Then go back a place a few feature lines to dress it up.

Bill

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Thank you but I was trying to avoid using feature lines. I want something that will automatically update if we change the profiles so that I can add smart spot elevations and won't have to worry about keeping the feature lines updated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report