Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUI file location and migration

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
randyowens3203
9344 Views, 5 Replies

CUI file location and migration

I have just upgraded from C3D 2011 to C3D 2013. I know it should be simple to copy my custom CUI file from one release to another, but somehow I'm missing it. In 2013, I open Workspace/Customize, then swith to the Transfer tab (right sofar?). In the pull down, I choose Open. Now at this point, I think I should just browse for my 2011 CUI file, but for some reason, I can't find it. If I search my C drive, I still can't find it. With 2011 open, in Workspace, the name of the CUI that I use is "Randy", so I'm assuming the file name to search for would be randy.cui. Right? Can anyone help with this?

Randy A. Owens
Southland Engineering, Inc.
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: randyowens3203

What about just opening your CUI, go to the bottom and load "Partial Customiizations Files".

Bill

Message 3 of 6
randyowens3203
in reply to: wfberry

Do you mean re-create from scratch. I was hoping for a quicker and easier solution. According to the help file, it's as simple as drag & drop, but it leaves out all the details. I've tried opening both Workspace dialog boxes and copyying and pasting from 2011's to 2013's, and the file would copy, but not paste. Surely someone has done this before sucessfully.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 4 of 6

Does anyone know where the user defined CUI files are located in C3D 2011?

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: randyowens3203

Where ever you told it to save it. I keep all of my customizations in a folder called "C3D Customizations" with folders for Menu, Lisp, DLL. Then I can just add those paths to the support path and load as needed. 

OPen C3D2011, go to the CUI, scroll down to the partial menu files, select Randy. On the Right window pane (may need to expand the window) it will show the path.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
randyowens3203
in reply to: Jeff_M

As it turns out, I was looking for the filename "Randy" when I should have been looking for "c3d.cuix". "Randy" is a sub-file under the Main Customization File heading. Once I knew this, it was simple to copy and paste it on the Transfer tab in version 2013.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report