Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS Conversion while importing DEM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
158 Views, 2 Replies

CS Conversion while importing DEM

I am importing a DEM file using the new civil tools in Map 2005 (same as Civil 3Dusing the import DEM command. I expand my civil workspace to DEM Files, right-click, and choose add. Then I pick my DEM file and set my coordinate system. When I click OK I get the attached message:

Also, I have tried starting a new surface. If i create a new surface and set all of the settings mentioned above, I click OK and nothing happens, just leaves me with no DEM data.

No on in the Map NG has replied so i am wondering if any of you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremiah
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
Are you trying to add the DEM to a Grid surface or a TIN surface?
Try adding it to a TIN surface if you haven't.

This is from the 2004 readme (which would apply to Map 3D):
DEM Files Cannot Be Transformed for Grid Surfaces

To perform a coordinate transformation on a DEM file, include the DEM file as part of the surface definition data for a TIN surface. When you add the DEM file, you can specify the DEM file's coordinate system. If different than the drawing's coordinate system, a transformation of the coordinates is performed.
If you include a DEM file as part of a Grid surface definition, its coordinate system must match that of the drawing, or it cannot be added.

-Karla Leighton
Autodesk Technical Publications
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am only using Map 3D, not land desktop.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report