Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crow's feet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2047 Views, 3 Replies

crow's feet

Concerning parcel labels, could somebody help me find what is called Crow's Feet in LDT's Edit Label Styles dialog box? There are so many properties to the parcel labels in the Civil3D's Label Style Composer that I am having hard time to find it. Thanks in advance, -- Strah @ Langan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A crows foot is a small leader that indicates where distances are measured from or to, typically used in survey drawings. Thus if a property line were to have a distance and bearing label, adding crows feet would create a small leader at the ends of the line indicating the end points where the label applies. This is especially helpful when a straight line could have several segments with distance labels on each of them and you want to label the cummulative distance across several segments and indicate where the distance measurement begins and ends. "Strahimir Antoljak" wrote in message news:4035066f$1_2@newsprd01... > Concerning parcel labels, could somebody help me > find what is called Crow's Feet in LDT's Edit Label > Styles dialog box? > > There are so many properties to the parcel labels in > the Civil3D's Label Style Composer that I am having > hard time to find it. > > Thanks in advance, > > -- > Strah @ Langan > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Much obliged for your effort Neil. I might have not been clear enough when posting a question. My inquiry was not about what a crow's foot is (although this is one of the better descriptions I've seen) but rather where to find it in Civil3D, and how to set it up - where can I find it in the Civil3D's Label Style Composer (or some place else)? Thanks, -- Strah @ Langan "Neil Wilson" wrote in message news:40352303$1_3@newsprd01... > A crows foot is a small leader that indicates where distances are measured > from or to, typically used in survey drawings. Thus if a property line were > to have a distance and bearing label, adding crows feet would create a small > leader at the ends of the line indicating the end points where the label > applies. This is especially helpful when a straight line could have several > segments with distance labels on each of them and you want to label the > cummulative distance across several segments and indicate where the distance > measurement begins and ends. > > "Strahimir Antoljak" wrote in message > news:4035066f$1_2@newsprd01... > > Concerning parcel labels, could somebody help me > > find what is called Crow's Feet in LDT's Edit Label > > Styles dialog box? > > > > There are so many properties to the parcel labels in > > the Civil3D's Label Style Composer that I am having > > hard time to find it. > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > > -- > > Strah @ Langan > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Howdy - Dan Philbrick will show you how to do this in today's Weekly Placeware (Feb 20). It's a good example of what you can do with label styles. See you at noon EST Cheers Dave S "Strahimir Antoljak" wrote in message news:4035066f$1_2@newsprd01... > Concerning parcel labels, could somebody help me > find what is called Crow's Feet in LDT's Edit Label > Styles dialog box? > > There are so many properties to the parcel labels in > the Civil3D's Label Style Composer that I am having > hard time to find it. > > Thanks in advance, > > -- > Strah @ Langan > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report