Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossing Daylights

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lex.kools
585 Views, 3 Replies

Crossing Daylights

Dear all, 

I've looked on the internet for this problem and there is only one topci about it. (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Crossing-Daylight-Lines/m-p/3507854)

The problems is shown below. In a 'sharp' corner, the daylights cross eachother. 

Can somebody explain me how to solve this.. important is that the daylight function remains

CR1.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: lex.kools

Trust me - there are many, many threads on this topic going all the way back to the very first version of the software.  The problem is finding them, the forum search function doesn't work very well.

As the designer you need to decide how to solve this.  You could increase the curve radius so that the sections don't cross, or you can use steeper daylight slopes, or you can edit the corridor parameters to delete the daylight links in the overlapping sections.  There are other solutions also, but these are probably the most common answers.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: lex.kools

What you're describing is commonly referred to as a bow-tie effect. 

Searching (using bing search not the search on this site) for this query resulted in a number of links that like they should be of help.

Search query:  "civil 3d corridor bowtie effect".

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
lex.kools
in reply to: doni49

Thanks for the help

i found this video " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnvmCRDl_MM "  and i fixed it. 

Thank again! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report