Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshairs in polygonal viewports disappear in 2015

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mermerCAD
682 Views, 2 Replies

Crosshairs in polygonal viewports disappear in 2015

Hi everybody-

We just upgraded to C3D 2015.  Our crosshairs keep disappearing in polygonal (not rectangular) viewports.  There was a trick before where you could slide where the cursor should be over the Viewport Controls in the upper left corner, and the crosshairs would come back, but that is not working.

We have had C3D2015 for 2 hours now, and it has happened in three different drawings to three different people.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Meredith

C3D 2015

Windows 7 64 bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: mermerCAD

Do you really need a non-rectangular viewport? I have found that adding a smaller rectangular viewport adjacent to the original one works real well. I haven't use a non-rectangular in several years due to problems back when.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
mermerCAD
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for the response, Bill.  We use odd shaped viewports all of the time to just capture a portion of the site we want to show on our plans, particularly when we have to show plan and profile on the same sheet.  Some of our offices use xclips, some use vpclips.

I found that turning off Hardware Acceleration (using the GRAPHICSCONFIG command) brought the crosshairs back.

Weird.

Thanks again!

Meredith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report