Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross sections

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lambertb
252 Views, 4 Replies

cross sections

we have a multi road project with mulitple corridors. At this time the corridors per road are seperate files and the sections for sheets are another file. And now the opinions...

Where do we put the cross section sheets? In the corridor file we have "working section views" of varying stations, ranges, and intervals. The sheets have "clean" stations.

Does it make more sense to have the sheet sections in the corridor file -> less data referencing and short cutting and syncing.

Can we have the sheet cross sections not update until the design finalized on the "working sections"

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: lambertb

You might consider using Xref to bring the Corridor file into your cross sections file. You can retrieve sections from the xref-ed corridors.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
lambertb

Yes, we xref the corridor file and data shortcut the alignment in a cross sections "sheets" file.

The problem we have been having is the corridor gets updated and when someone is working with the sheets, they get the corridor xref needs to be reloaded pop up. So far we have crashed 100% after clicking update.

The workaround is to save the sheet file, exit, and re open to reload the corridor xref.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 4 of 5
Jay_B

"The problem we have been having is the corridor gets updated and when someone is working with the sheets, they get the corridor xref needs to be reloaded pop up. So far we have crashed 100% after clicking update."

We have this same issue and we have a source dwg with Align, Pfl's & Corr.
and Xref the above file into the XS.dwg very similar to your workflow.

I've also heard this same issue from another company using 2012.

We've just got in the habit of closing the Xs.dwg or not having the XS.dwg open in another window at a point where it wants to reload the recently updated Corridor xref or sync Dref's.

This way the crash can be avoided otherwise I'd agree I would achieve 100% crash rate as well.

2012 SP2.1, not sure if SP3 is any improvement.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
lambertb
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks the the sp2.1 mention. I have been using sp3.0 and the crashes still persist. And I updated my taglineSmiley Happy

C3D 2022 and 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report