Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross sections showing pipes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4159 Views, 6 Replies

cross sections showing pipes

any way to get circular pipes shown in cross section as a circle???? not a hexagon as it shows now?

thanx!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bruce.jordan
in reply to: Anonymous

Try changing FACETDEV to 0.05 for imperial, and 0.15 for metric HTH -Bruce
Message 3 of 7
bruce.jordan
in reply to: bruce.jordan

That should be 0.015 for metric (not 0.15)

In short, experiment with the numbers.

The smaller the number, the slower the performance.

-Bruce

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

thanx! nice workaround...

hopefully this seemingly simple functionality is added in next service pack/release!

thanx again!

Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

FWIW, this is not a workaround...for whatever reason it is "as designed". and is even noted as such in the help....See the section "Displaying Pipe Networks in Section Views"

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

you mean to say this was the intent of the programmer? to make the crossing pipes in profile and the cross section of the pipes to be choppy polygons and not a true scaled representation of the x-sectional geometry of the pipe?

this should be built into the software so the appearance is correct

no x-sections or p&p sheets i have ever seen in 20 years in the industry has hexagons representing pipes in x-section for example.....

of course we all drew it in manually and thats why! ha

if autodesk is so nice to push these pipe networks into profile and x-section i would hope we could actually plot these out and use them in a final deliverable....without having to tax our processors with FACETDEV variable....

just my two cents...therefore i thought that was a workaround

thanx for all your time though!

Message 7 of 7
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

you mean to say this was the intent of the programmer? to make the crossing pipes in profile and the cross section of the pipes to be choppy polygons and not a true scaled representation of the x-sectional geometry of the pipe?

this should be built into the software so the appearance is correct

no x-sections or p&p sheets i have ever seen in 20 years in the industry has hexagons representing pipes in x-section for example.....

I've always said that if the programmers had to use their own software in real world applications, idiodic things like this would get FIXED very quickly. There is simply no reason for this. I do give them a sliver of credit for including it the HELP files though.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report