Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Sections Not Recognizing Labels or Elevation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
288 Views, 3 Replies

Cross Sections Not Recognizing Labels or Elevation

Hey all,

I have a bit of a peculiar issue with Civil 3D 2012. I created several cross sections for a roadway design utilizing sample lines. I created multiple sample lines along the CL alignment and inserted the cross sections without any errors. The peculiar part is when I try to inquiry or label any cross section, nothing happens. Using the inquiry tool, I get an message that reads "Warning: Specified point is outside the section view. Try Again." If you see the attached PDF, you'll notice that the point I selected is dead center of the particular cross section in question. When I attempt to use labels to mark elevations, in the command line, it repeats "Pick a Point" but does not insert a label.

Anybody have any suggestions as to why this might be? I created other cross sections in the same fashion and do not have this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

UCS must be set to World

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hey Jeff_M. Thank you for your response! Although it doesn't show world coordinates in the attachment, the problem arose prior to that changing. Unfortunately, the UCS doesn't help in this situation.

Message 4 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you able to share the drawing? If too big to post here, feel free to email me direct jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report