Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section with Sample lines problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sakuramukuro
699 Views, 6 Replies

Cross section with Sample lines problem

I have my surface, aligment and sample lines created, but I cant get my sample lines profiles. 

The grid apperas without data, it is like I have never selected a surface, but I did ! 

This is what I get , totally empty

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: sakuramukuro

Layer froznn? Style messed up? Go to the section view properties and Section tab. Does it show a section with appropriate values?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 7

This is probably due to not sampling the correct surfaces.  If you click on one the the sample lines, in the contextual ribbon, select Sample More Sources.  If your surfaces are in the left pane, add them to the right pane.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 7

Is the surface set to display?  The sections won't display if the surface is off.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 7

The surface being set to No Display has no affect on the cross sections.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 7

Todd

I could have sworn that used to be the case, maybe in a previous version, and by habit I still keep my surfaces visible.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 7 of 7
sboon
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

If the No Display style has been set to not display in Section mode then it won't show up in section views.

Clipboard01.png

My template has two surface styles.  One is NoDisplay which means that the surface does not show in any mode.  The other is NoPlanDisplay which is used for surfaces that I want to see in section views, or the corridor editor etc.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report