Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Sheet Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bdraper1
1816 Views, 5 Replies

Cross Section Sheet Error

I've got an error that pops up when I'm trying to create cross sections sheets in Civil3D 2012.  The error is "Unable to clone layout into current drawing."  Has anyone ran into this error before and more important, figured out how to fix it?  Any information/help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccookusi
in reply to: bdraper1

Yes.

You need to delete the layouts in the drawing first.

It can't create a layout with the same name.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 3 of 6
CADmgrMike
in reply to: ccookusi

I'm having this same problem and the drawing has no other layouts except for layout1.

My user had done this about 8 times in the last couple of days and it worked flawlessly everytime except for this one drawing. We've run audit and recover on the drawing. Still does it.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 4 of 6
yosephk

I have the same issue with creating and exporting the sheets to existing sheet set. In my case after few tries the layouts are generated and attached to a new sheet set in my documents directory as new sheet set 1. I just imported those layouts to my existing sheet set manually.

Windows 10 Pro x 64
16 GB Ram
Intel Xeon E3-1220 V2 @ 3.1 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 6
yosephk

I am not sure if you have solved this isssue. Try to match the sheet set name in the shet set manager properties and the name of the existing sheet set you pick.

Windows 10 Pro x 64
16 GB Ram
Intel Xeon E3-1220 V2 @ 3.1 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil 3D 2019
Message 6 of 6

Had the same issue and found the Viewport was locked on the Layout, Unlocked and works fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report